We accept guest posts from reputable authors who write unique, informative and relevant articles on cycling related subjects.
The Bikes.org.uk website is run by a dedicated group of cyclists who are as passionate about cycling as you are. Our aim is quite simple, to provide news and info to as many people as possible on a wide range of cycling related topics, including bike reviews, cycling gear reviews, news on local cycling events, sportives, charity bike rides, competitions and loads more.
Guest Posts on Bikes.org.uk
If you would like to write an article or post as a guest author on this cycling blog, please read the following guidelines before contacting us using the contact form below.
Guest posts must always be written solely for the Bikes.org.uk website and must not have been previously published, online, digitally or in print. Articles must be cycling related or of interest to our readers, which may, for example, be other active sports like skiing, boarding, hiking & water sports or health, nutrition & fitness related. Cycling related topics include things like bike reviews, cycling equipment reviews, cycling news & events, road safety issues or campaigns, and many other topics like these.
We are happy to publish articles on subjects that we believe our readers would be interested in, such as healthy living, foods and nutrition but we will not publish an article of low quality, on generic topics or ones that are off topic.
We also like to review products but we do so as cyclists and publish genuine reviews based on our actual experience, good or bad. In order to do this, you’d need to send us the product you’d like us to review. Once the product has been reviewed, we’ll send it back to you.
How to Approach Us
We never accept money for articles so please don’t even think about it as we simply delete these emails without reply. We do however, run free-to-enter competitions for cycling related products. If you have an idea for a competition, please contact us with your proposal.
When you contact us, please refrain from marketing fluff and flattery, it simply doesn’t work. Instead, follow these simply guidelines but before you do, please read our submission guidelines;
- Topic: the topic you are proposing, be specific as we do not accept generic articles
- Title: the working title of the article you are proposing
- Wordcount: the number of words are you aiming for (min 1,000 words)
- Author: demonstrate your writing credentials with references to recent articles written by you
- Guidelines: confirm that you have read the submission guidelines and legal stuff on this page
- Promotion: the ways you intend to promote the article, include links to social website accounts you intend to use
- Declaration: declare that you will not syndicate the article, offer the same article or comparable content to anyone else (failure to adhere to this will result in the article being deleted from this site)
Guest Post Submission Guidelines
- Posts must be well-written, using correct grammar and in UK English
- Articles must be unique and unpublished elsewhere, either online or in print
- Write well-researched, in-depth and informative articles that remain on-topic
- Writing style should be in keeping with other articles on the Bikes.org.uk website
- Avoid self promotion, lightweight marketing fluff and do not pontificate
- Check for spelling and grammatical errors (poorly written articles will be rejected)
- We have no maximum word count but we do request a minimum of 1,000 words
- Articles should be sent in a .txt file (other formats will be rejected)
- HTML guidelines; no H1 tag, a maximum of two H2 and three H3 tags, paragraph tags should be included along with href code for links
- Appropriate and relevant links may be included but must not be solely for the purpose of self-promotion (these will be removed)
- We reserve the right to remove inappropriate or irrelevant text, links or any other content from submissions
- Proper attribution of data, quotations, trademarks, copyright and other third-party content referenced in the article must be included
Our Social Networks
We are active participants in a number of social networks and promote our Blog content to our social media audiences via the following pages.
Guest Post Submission Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to edit all articles submitted for publication on the Bikes.org.uk website (“website”, “site”) and the Owners of this website retain all rights to the article once submitted. All articles published on the website, regardless of the original author, remain the property of the owners of this website. By submitting an article to this website, you give permission for it to be published on the Bikes.org.uk website and accept that ownership of the article is the property of the owners of this website. Intellectual Property rights are owned by the owners of the Bikes.org.uk website for all published articles and by submitting an article to this website, you also give permission for us to use any Trademarks and images in the submitted article.
Articles that do not meet these quality guidelines will not be published. We reserve the right to reject any article that does not meet our high standards. These rejections may or may not be communicated to the person or company who submitted the article.
Published articles may not be republished in any form, either online, digitally or in print without the permission of the owners of this website, in writing.
Guest Post Request Form
If you would like to be considered as a guest author on this blog, please complete the following form.