From an athletes point of view, this was a key discovery.
Sweating is the body’s way of regulating our core temperature and as we perspire, the fabric next to the skin becomes wet. This can feel cold and in due course performance drops inline with the rate of cooling of the body.
So, in 1973, Anders created underwear made of new material. As he exercised, his body responded as expected and he started to sweat.
Once he’d completed the session, he measured the moisture content of the new garment against previous tests and discovered that he seemed to have found the perfect garment to have next to an athletes skin.
This is the moment the concept behind Craft’s fabric technology was born, garments that manage moisture away from the skin, with minimal absorption into the fabric.
Competition to Win a Craft Jersey
We’ve teamed up with our good friends at probikekit.co.uk to offer one lucky person the chance to Win a Craft Cycling Jersey.
The jersey is the one pictured above and comes in size XL*, although it fits both medium and large sized chests comfortably. The top is the perfect combination of technology, comfort and style. It features quality fabrics designed to fit ergonomically, allowing for ease of movement and effective ventilation.
To win this fine jersey, all we want you to do is tell others about the competition. here are some examples;
- Share a link to this page on Facebook. You must ensure you tag “ukbikes” in your message [www.facebook.com/ukbikes].
- Share a link to this page on Twitter. You must ensure you include “@ukbikes” in your tweet [www.twitter.com/ukbikes].
- Share a link to this page on Google+. You must ensure you include “+Bikes.org.uk” in your post.
Note: Just remember to include us in your message so we know you’ve entered the competition!
Terms and Conditions
- Delivery will be within 28 days of the winner being announced.
- The prize is as described above and there is no cash alternative.
- There is one prize only.
- The jersey will be size extra-large, no alternative size or product is available*.
- This competition is open to UK residents only.
- Competition closing date is 28th February 2014.
- The winner will be chosen at random after the closing date by a member of the Bikes.org.uk team.
- The prize must be claimed within 14 days of notification (two attempts will be made to contact the winner). Failure to do so will result in the prize being forfeited by the winner.
- The winner will be notified via their method of entry.
- The competition is being promoted by Shop Direct 247 Ltd trading as Bikes.org.uk.
- Bikes.org.uk will not undertake any direct marketing activity as a consequence of entry to this competition.
- No personal data will be requested or retained where provided, as part of entry to this competition. The only exception will be to dispatch the prizes to the winner.
- This is a free to enter competition and no purchase is necessary.
- The competition is open to anyone aged 18 years or older.