Best Cycling Child Seats
Best Cycling Child Seats Review
Child Seats are a great way to introduce kids to cycling from a young age and getting them outside into the fresh air without them wanting to be picked up and carried every two minutes.
There are two types of bike seat, one that fits on the rear of the bike and one that is a shotgun seat at the front of the bike, fitted to the top tube, just behind the handlebars. You can also buy kids handlebars that connect to your own, giving the child greater sense of comfort and security.
Children can use bike seats from a very young age, basically as soon as they can sit upright, unaided. At this age, it’s best to fit a rear seat with additional side panels and of course harness or seat belt. Children can use these seats until they outgrow them, which is probably when you’ll move to a front bike frame mounted seat.
The downside of child seats is the extra weight, which will initially feel unnatural and may cause you to oversteer to compensate, which isn’t a good thing. Just like panniers and front handlebar bags, it’ll take getting used to.
An upright riding position, chunky tyres and easily accessible brake levers are a much better option than drop handlebars and skinny tyres.
Rear mounted child seats will either be rack-mounted or a cantilevered bike seat, which is fitted using a mounting clamp on your seat tube. The mount is securely fastened using two or four bolts, and thereafter enabling the child seat to be removed using a quick release mechanism. Positioning the mount is key to safety and comfort, for both you and your child. Fitting the seat too high on your seat-post may cause the front wheel to rise up, whereas too low may result in the bike seat resting on your rear wheel or rubbing on the tyre.
Whilst child seats can be fitted to most bikes, it’s probably best to avoid road bikes. The additional weight of having child and seat at the rear of a bike with skinny tyres doesn’t bode well for control. I’d also avoid carbon and lightweight aluminium as neither like having things clamped to them. Seat-posts and top tubes with external cables are conducive to optimum fitting either. Upright riding positions, chunky tyres and easily accessible brake levers are a much better option.
Top 10 Cycling Child Seats for Bikes
- Child seat approved by Technical Inspection Association/ Tested Safety and the European Community for the rear of the bike, with frame attachment and footrests with safety buckles, 3-point harness...
- Child seat does not fit every bicycle
- If a battery is installed as a side click, the battery and child seat are unfortunately in the same place, which then does not fit
- Ride along rear child seat
- NOTICE: Please notice that only Zyurong provides right and high quality product.
- Easy to Install: Quick release attachment makes the bike seat for kids super easy to fit and remove.
- Safe for Frame: The child bike seat has full rubber protection for your alloy or carbon frame. Don't risk your expensive frame with low quality alternatives.
- Fits All Mountain Bikes:The Kids MTB seat is adjustable to fit flat or sloping top tubes. Please note that the bike seat is not suitable for e-bikes, road bikes or older bicycles with cables on the...
- Plenty of space for the helmet
- for children from 9 months
- safe and flexible belt system
- Mounting bracket with quick coupling
- 【MAKE BIKING EASY】 - When your child rides a bike, encourage a love for mountain biking and the outdoors. Designed for kids 2 to 5 years old and up to 48 pounds.
- 【SAFE FOR THE FRAME】 - The child bike seat has full rubber protection for your aluminum or carbon frame. Don't risk your expensive frame with low quality alternatives.
- 【EASY TO INSTALL】 - The quick release fastener makes the child bike seat very easy to assemble and remove.
- 【FITS ALL MOUNTAIN BICYCLES】 - The kids MTB seat is adjustable to fit flat or sloped top tubes. Please note that the bicycle seat is not suitable for e-bikes, racing bikes or older bikes with...
- SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR MOUNTAIN BIKING: With your child riding SHOTGUN, you'll foster a love of mountain biking and the outdoors. Designed for children 2–5 and up to 22 kgs / 48lbs.
- FITS ALL MOUNTAIN BIKES - The SHOTGUN Kids MTB seat is adjustable to fit flat or sloping top tubes. Note: Not suitable for e-bikes, road bikes or older bicycles with cables on the top tube.
- EASY TO INSTALL AND REMOVE - Quick release attachment makes the SHOTGUN bike seat for kids super easy to fit and remove. Comes with easy to follow fitting instructions.
- WON'T DAMAGE YOUR FRAME - The SHOTGUN Child Bike Seat has full rubber protection for your alloy or carbon frame. Don't risk your expensive frame with low quality alternatives.
- Safe and secure:Made of sturdy Metal material, can withstand sixty kilograms, safe and durable to use.
- Soft and comfortable:Thickened and widened cushion can provide a comfortable seat for your lovely baby.
- Anti-tumble handrails:can ensure children's safety, make them enjoy of touring the scenery when you riding.
- Easy to use:Quick released front mount child bike seat is easy to install, it is convenient to us.
- 🚲Make Cycling Easy: Riding bicycle with your child , you and your kid will foster a love of mountain biking and outdoors activities, also develop kindship with your child.
- 🚲Fits All Mountain Bikes:The Kids seat is adjustable to fit flat or sloping top tubes. Designed for children 2–5 and up to 48lbs.
- 🚲Easy to Install: Quick release attachment makes the bike seat for kids super easy to fit and remove.
- 🚲Safe for Frame: The child bike seat has full rubber protection for your alloy frame.
- Make your ride out a real family affair by using the Oxford top-tube mounted Little Explorer.
- Max tube width - 50mm
- Suitable for ages 3 to 6 years
- Weight limit - 22kgs
- childrens bicycle seat
- safety and comfort
- simple to mount on your bicycle