Best Cycling Child Seats
Best Cycling Child Seats Review
Child Seats are a great way to introduce kids to cycling from a young age and getting them outside into the fresh air without them wanting to be picked up and carried every two minutes.
There are two types of bike seat, one that fits on the rear of the bike and one that is a shotgun seat at the front of the bike, fitted to the top tube, just behind the handlebars. You can also buy kids handlebars that connect to your own, giving the child greater sense of comfort and security.
Children can use bike seats from a very young age, basically as soon as they can sit upright, unaided. At this age, it’s best to fit a rear seat with additional side panels and of course harness or seat belt. Children can use these seats until they outgrow them, which is probably when you’ll move to a front bike frame mounted seat.
The downside of child seats is the extra weight, which will initially feel unnatural and may cause you to oversteer to compensate, which isn’t a good thing. Just like panniers and front handlebar bags, it’ll take getting used to.
An upright riding position, chunky tyres and easily accessible brake levers are a much better option than drop handlebars and skinny tyres.
Rear mounted child seats will either be rack-mounted or a cantilevered bike seat, which is fitted using a mounting clamp on your seat tube. The mount is securely fastened using two or four bolts, and thereafter enabling the child seat to be removed using a quick release mechanism. Positioning the mount is key to safety and comfort, for both you and your child. Fitting the seat too high on your seat-post may cause the front wheel to rise up, whereas too low may result in the bike seat resting on your rear wheel or rubbing on the tyre.
Whilst child seats can be fitted to most bikes, it’s probably best to avoid road bikes. The additional weight of having child and seat at the rear of a bike with skinny tyres doesn’t bode well for control. I’d also avoid carbon and lightweight aluminium as neither like having things clamped to them. Seat-posts and top tubes with external cables are conducive to optimum fitting either. Upright riding positions, chunky tyres and easily accessible brake levers are a much better option.
Top 10 Cycling Child Seats for Bikes
- 🚲Make Cycling Easy: Riding bicycle with your child , you and your kid will foster a love of mountain biking and outdoors activities, also develop kindship with your child.
- 🚲Fits All Mountain Bikes:The Kids seat is adjustable to fit flat or sloping top tubes. Designed for children 2–5 and up to 48lbs.
- 🚲Easy to Install: Quick release attachment makes the bike seat for kids super easy to fit and remove.
- 🚲Safe for Frame: The child bike seat has full rubber protection for your alloy frame.
- Ride along rear child seat
- Designed for most bikes
- Best plastic back support
- Three point harness
- Full leg protection
- Materials: PU Leather + Plastic + Iron.On rainy days, you don't have to be afraid that the cushion will be flooded. Just wipe the surface with a tissue, and you can continue to use it.The thick sponge...
- Enjoy a Happy Trip: The wide padded seat and backrest ensures a comfortable riding position. This bike back seat is equipped with a armrest to mount onto the seat tube within 35mm, it provides more...
- Widely Used: This bike rear seat is easy to install on bicycle rear rack, universal for most bikes, such as Hybrid Bicycle, Touring Bicycle, Mountain Bike, Motorized Bicycle, Road Bike and so on.
- Easy to Install: A nice flat heavy duty bike rack is needed to mount under it. Multiple screws are used to fix them onto your bicycle, very firm and stable.
- 【Cycling with Your Kids】- Riding with your child can not only satisfy his/her curiosity about the world, but also promote intimate relationship by accompanying with your kid. Create great...
- 【Wide Compatibility】- Adjustable width is widely compatible with all adult mountain bikes. The seat is designed in proper size for kids at 2-5 years old & weighting less than 22kg.
- 【Safety Guarantee】- Soft and elastic saddle cushion provides shock absorption with comfort. Small pedal for little feet rest, ergonomic handlebar grips for little hands to keep balance. Preventing...
- 【No Damage to Bike】- Coverd with moulded rubber to protect your bike from frame scratching. Moreover, it disperses the pressure into uniform force on the frame to avoid breakage.
- Child seat approved by Technical Inspection Association/ Tested Safety and the European Community for the rear of the bike, with frame attachment and footrests with safety buckles, 3-point harness...
- Child seat does not fit every bicycle
- If a battery is installed as a side click, the battery and child seat are unfortunately in the same place, which then does not fit
- 【MAKE BIKING EASY】 - When your child rides a bike, encourage a love for mountain biking and the outdoors. Designed for kids 2 to 5 years old and up to 48 pounds.
- 【SAFE FOR THE FRAME】 - The child bike seat has full rubber protection for your aluminum or carbon frame. Don't risk your expensive frame with low quality alternatives.
- 【EASY TO INSTALL】 - The quick release fastener makes the child bike seat very easy to assemble and remove.
- 【FITS ALL MOUNTAIN BICYCLES】 - The kids MTB seat is adjustable to fit flat or sloped top tubes. Please note that the bicycle seat is not suitable for e-bikes, racing bikes or older bikes with...
- EU Approved Seat. Tested to EN14334 and made in Europe. Not Chinese import with no safety testing
- First question when buying a seat for your baby does it meet EN14344. Why risk if not EU approved.
- Number 1 selling seat in the UK and US
- Recommended for ages from 1-4 years. Though can be used as soon as neck muscles are strong enough ie 6-9 months.
- NEW UPGRADE -- According to all the negative comments of global market sales since 2018, the UrRider seat has been upgraded in 18 places. Designed for children ages 2-6 and up to 60 lbs weight.
- SAFE & COMFORTABLE -- Based on the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission safety standards and human engineering design. The child on the UrRider seat just likes the co-pilot of the bicycle, she/he...
- FITS ALL BIKES -- The UrRider seat fits almost all kinds of adult bikes, including mountain bikes, women's bikes, and folding bikes.
- EASY TO INSTALL AND REMOVE -- Quick-release designing makes the UrRider seat super easy to install and remove without any tool.
- The Siesta bicycle child seat is robust and stable, with a classic design. The seat has a recline function of 20° providing the child with a comfortable resting.
- Enables the seat to be mounted on the existing carrier.
- Fits luggage carriers from 120 – 180 mm.
- Minimum age 9 Months and max child weight: 22kg.