Best Cycling Child Seats
Best Cycling Child Seats Review
Child Seats are a great way to introduce kids to cycling from a young age and getting them outside into the fresh air without them wanting to be picked up and carried every two minutes.
There are two types of bike seat, one that fits on the rear of the bike and one that is a shotgun seat at the front of the bike, fitted to the top tube, just behind the handlebars. You can also buy kids handlebars that connect to your own, giving the child greater sense of comfort and security.
Children can use bike seats from a very young age, basically as soon as they can sit upright, unaided. At this age, it’s best to fit a rear seat with additional side panels and of course harness or seat belt. Children can use these seats until they outgrow them, which is probably when you’ll move to a front bike frame mounted seat.
The downside of child seats is the extra weight, which will initially feel unnatural and may cause you to oversteer to compensate, which isn’t a good thing. Just like panniers and front handlebar bags, it’ll take getting used to.
An upright riding position, chunky tyres and easily accessible brake levers are a much better option than drop handlebars and skinny tyres.
Rear mounted child seats will either be rack-mounted or a cantilevered bike seat, which is fitted using a mounting clamp on your seat tube. The mount is securely fastened using two or four bolts, and thereafter enabling the child seat to be removed using a quick release mechanism. Positioning the mount is key to safety and comfort, for both you and your child. Fitting the seat too high on your seat-post may cause the front wheel to rise up, whereas too low may result in the bike seat resting on your rear wheel or rubbing on the tyre.
Whilst child seats can be fitted to most bikes, it’s probably best to avoid road bikes. The additional weight of having child and seat at the rear of a bike with skinny tyres doesn’t bode well for control. I’d also avoid carbon and lightweight aluminium as neither like having things clamped to them. Seat-posts and top tubes with external cables are conducive to optimum fitting either. Upright riding positions, chunky tyres and easily accessible brake levers are a much better option.
Getting your child out cycling with you is a great way to introduce them to this wonderful pastime. For those with young children, a question often asked is at what age should I teach my child to ride a bike? We’ve written an in-depth article on this key question.
Top 10 Cycling Child Seats for Bikes
- [Unique way to accompany your child] This child bicycle seat makes it so easy for parents and children to ride. Riding a bike with your child can not only satisfy your child’s curiosity about the...
- [Compatible with all MTB] This child MTB seat is specially designed for children aged 2-5 and weighing less than 48 pounds. The angle of the MTB seat can be adjusted to accommodate the flat or...
- [Safety and Comfort] The design and manufacture of child bicycle seats meet the high quality standards of safety and comfort.
- [Easy to install and disassemble] With easy-to-follow installation instructions, the child bicycle seat is very easy to install and disassemble.
- Rear seat can support children's weight up to 45kg(99lb).Thick sponge padding provides maximum comfort.Backrest provides safety for your children.
- Foldable foot rest get kid's feet rest comfortably.Unfold it when you need to rest your feet, and it won't hinder your cycling when it is folded.
- Bike bell with clear sound will keep you in fine mood in your trip.Fits the bike handlebar diameter: Max. 2.2cm/0.9in.
- Handle grip with anti-slip textures, easy to grip,ensures safety.Fits the bike rod diameter: 1-1.3in.
- Patented bar puts weight in centre of bike and not on front like other front seats
- Fits all bikes including oversized head tubes and full suspension of 16”+ (except drop handle bars). Comes with its own bar so fits to Ladies and Mens bikes.
- 5 point safety strap and enclosed movable footrests for child safety
- Recommended for ages from 1-4 years. Though can be used as soon as neck muscles are strong enough ie 6-9 months.
- 🚵♂️➤【Interaction and entertainment】➤🚵♂️:The child seat is made of Aluminum Alloy structure, with a front design, better vision, and a more pleasant ride for children. You...
- 🚵♂️➤【Easy to install】➤🚵♂️:The front seat of the bicycle is easy to install and remove without any other tools. Suitable for folding bicycles, city shared bicycles, mountain...
- 🚵♂️➤【Safety and comfort】➤🚵♂️:Comfortable, safe, attractive and innovative design, is a good place for children to fully explore the scenery. The saddle is soft and...
- 🚵♂️➤【Weight-bearing】➤🚵♂️: Suitable for children from 8 months to 7 years old weighing 25 kg / 55 lbs, and compatible with bicycle inner tubes with a caliber of 1.1-1.5...
- The Siesta bicycle child seat is robust and stable, with a classic design. The seat has a recline function of 20° providing the child with a comfortable resting.
- Enables the seat to be mounted on the existing carrier.
- Fits luggage carriers from 120 – 180 mm.
- Minimum age 9 Months and max child weight: 22kg.
- Suitable for childs weight 9kg to 22kg
- Frame mounting system -round and oval tubes 28mm-40mm
- Seat dimensions: width 398mm x height 756 mm x depth 344 mm
- Weight: 3.20kg
- Environmentally friendly materials: Leather cushion, stainless steel pipe, soft armrest, Breathable mesh fence(Made of breathable sponge). non toxic, odorless, durable and safe to use.
- Safety: Non slip handrails and pedals keep children safe, comfortable and free when riding, does not touch the legs, comes with installation tools and safety belts to ensure the safety of children.
- Stability: Suitable for more stable, firm, safe, thickened and widened cushions for baby sitting.
- Easy to install: Powerful quick disconnect assembly for easy installation and removal of seats, suitable for all kinds of bicycles, such as mountain bikes, electric cars, etc.
- 🚲Make Cycling Easy: Riding bicycle with your child , you and your kid will foster a love of mountain biking and outdoors activities, also develop kindship with your child.
- 🚲Fits All Mountain Bikes:The Kids seat is adjustable to fit flat or sloping top tubes. Designed for children 2–5 and up to 48lbs.
- 🚲Easy to Install: Quick release attachment makes the bike seat for kids super easy to fit and remove.
- 🚲Safe for Frame: The child bike seat has full rubber protection for your alloy frame.
- The Shotgun 2.0 Combo is the ultimate setup for your mountain bike kid. You will get the 2.0 shotgun seat and 2.0 handlebar accessory - ready to hit the trails together
- Share Your Passion For Mountain Biking: With your child riding SHOTGUN, you'll foster a love of mountain biking and the outdoors. Designed for children 2–5 and up to 27kg. Two footpeg positions to...
- Fits All Modern Mountain Bikes - The Shotgun 2.0 Kids MTB seat is adjustable to fit flat or sloping top tubes. NOTE: Not suitable for e-bikes, road bikes or older bicycles with cables on the top tube
- Easy To Install And Remove - Quick release attachment makes the SHOTGUN 2.0 bike seat for kids super easy to fit and remove in under 30 seconds. Comes with easy to follow fitting instructions
- 【Increase parent-child interaction】The front seat makes it easy to get to know your child, increase communication with your child, and improve your child's love of the outdoors.
- 【For all mountain bikes】The Kids Bike Seat fits most mountain bikes. It is adjustable in angle to fit different trails and adjustable in width to fit different mountain bikes. Designed for...
- 【Safe and comfortable】The children's bicycle seat is ergonomically designed, ball-shaped design shock absorption, leather surface is breathable and soft and comfortable. The handlebar has a...
- 【Easy installation and removal】Compared with other child seats our seat is made of environmentally friendly materials, easy to remove, comes with a tool to help with installation and easy to...