Best Cycling Computers
Best Cycling Computers Review
Choosing the best cycling computers is subjective, what actually determines the best one? For some, it’s about build quality, features and functionality whereas others focus on price and the best translates into cheapest. Our top 10 review therefore includes a combination of both, top brands like Garmin & Wahoo plus the absolute cheapest bike computer we could find, so there’s something for everyone, we hope.
We recently did an in-depth review of the Garmin Edge GPS computers, including comparing models, specifications and prices, so head over there if that’s of interest. Garmin are probably thought by many to be the best computers but they are more expensive than some of the entry-level models below.
Cycling computers are a great source of features and functionality, and whilst you can spend quite a bit of money on these shiny GPS devices, you’ll probably want to start with thinking about what you’re going to use it for.
In the first instance, they’ll let you record basic ride information, such as distance, time & speed. If you have a cadence sensor fitted to your bike, it’ll allow you to record that too. As you progress up the price range, recording the actual route ridden and downloading maps and routes also becomes possible.
Connectivity is important for some cyclists, with all ride data being synchronised with the cycling app of choice; Strava, Garmin Connect, RideWithGPS etc, either via WiFi or Bluetooth.
Additional options may include display screen backlight intensity, useful in low light or bright sunny days, but just watch how this affects battery life. Quick tip for Garmin users, reduce the display screen down to 50% to give yourself significantly longer battery usage. Display screens can be full colour or black & white, which may be perfectly adequate if you are just looking to record riding data. Colour screens only really come into their own if you are downloading routes and maps, with A-roads and B-roads being distinguished from each other.
Given the UK weather, waterproof devices are essential, and whilst most offer this, just check before buying. Likewise, it’s worth checking how the computer fits onto your bike, some are less robust than others and some require you to purchase a specific mount. If you are looking down at a computer that’s not adequately secured to your handlebars, you’ll find yourself stopping frequently to move it back into the correct position.
Top 10 Cycling Computers
- Before using the bike computer for the first time, please download the XOSS APP and upgrade the firmware version to V1.10 or later to ensure working properly.
- 【WIRELESS CYCLE COMPUTER BUILT-IN HIGH-SENSITIVITY GPS CHIP】No need to install other accessories, you can track ride with GPS easily. It supports 3 kinds of positioning systems.【SUPPORTING DATA...
- 【3 PAGES, 9 KINDS of DATA】This bicycle speedometer helps you exercise scientifically: Current speed, Current cycling time, Current cycling distance; Average speed, Altitude, Slope; Maximum speed,...
- 【AUTOMATIC BACKLIGHT MODE, ANGLE ADAPTIVE SCREEN】 Three backlight modes: automatic backlight, normal backlight, and closed backlight； Anti-glare LCD screen, still visible under strong light in...
- Edge Explore GPS enabled computer
- 🔴ANT+ Sensor Compatibility – Coospo new generation bike computer BC107 maximizes compatibility by working perfectly with ANT+ sensors, such as: heart rate monitor, speed and cadence sensor, power...
- 🔵GPS Positioning – It features double satellite positioning, which can provide accurate GPS data all over the world. After power on, it will automatically capture GPS signals and automatically...
- 🔴2.4 inch Screen with Auto Backlight - 2.4-inch segment code FSTN glass screen, visible even in direct sunlight, automatically sensing the environment to turn on the backlight.
- 🔵Sync To Strava - You can sync activity (.fit file) to strava via Coosporide App on your phone. Note: you CAN’T upload .fit file directly to strava by USB transmission on your PC.
- Dynamic performance monitoring provides insights on your VO2 max, recovery, training load focus, heat and altitude acclimation, nutrition, hydration and more
- Mountain bike (MTB) dynamics track jump count, jump distance and hang time; other MTB features include Grit, which rates the difficulty of a ride, and Flow, which measures how smoothly you descend a...
- Cycling safety features include new bike alarm, group messaging and tracking, incident detection and compatibility with Varia rearview radar and lights so you can see and be seen
- Includes routable Garmin Cycle Map with popularity routing — which helps you ride like a local — plus off-course recalculation and back to start; mountain biking model has integrated Trailforks...
- 🚴ANT+ & Bluetooth- compatible with power meters, cadence/speed sensors, heart rate monitors, etc.
- 🔵3 positioning systems- GPS, GLONASS and BDS, capture satellites signal quicker and more accurate.
- 🔴Compatible with spin bike, you can also disable positioning for indoor cycling.
- 🔵Sync to strava- with XOSS, CoospoRide app, to get data synchronized to strava.com for analysis, you can also sync .fit file to strava via USB transmission.
- Features advanced navigation, including new navigation alerts and the preloaded Garmin Cycle Map with turn-by-turn directions – on and off road
- Preloaded Strava Live Segments let you compete second by second with your previous best or another rider’s PR; see real-time results right on your screen
- Stay connected with Live Track and Group Track, smart notifications, rider-to-rider messaging and built-in Incident Detection
- Monitors cycling-specific VO2 max and recovery time when used with power and heart rate
- Entry Level, 7 Function Computer
- Easy to read larger screen
- Set up is made simple with pre-programmed tyre sizes
- Functions include: Current, Maximum and Average Speed.
- Note: The screen can only display km units (no mile display); Before using C406 bike computer for the first time, you must download the OnelapFit APP from Google Play or Apple Store.
- The Best 2.5-inch Screen: Adopts a 2.5-inch automatic backlight high-definition large screen design, which can present more data items and make the data more visible.
- Four Satellite Positioning Systems: Support GPS, Beidou, Galileo, and Glonass global navigation systems. Fast positioning within 30 seconds, allowing you to take every step with confidence. Calculate...
- Comprehensive Data and Setting Functions: 9 types of 37 optional professional data. Provide power estimation, support power meter and lap counting functions, and support bilateral power meter data...
- 【Multifunctional Bike Computer】Our bicycle computer has a variety of practical functions, can measure the average speed, maximum speed, driving distance, riding time, estimated arrival time,...
- 【Backlight Design】LCD display screen adopts black backlight design, display effect with white characters on a black background, no reflective blind spots in the sun during the day. 2 modes of long...
- 【Wireless Waterproof Bike Speedometer】The wireless waterproof design, simple shape, convenient and durable, eliminates the need to worry about the wires on the handlebars malfunctioning in water...
- 【 Low Power & Automatic Systems】Bicycle Computer and Transmitter both have a built-in removable battery, stable performance and high immunity to interference. Power saving mode, If no input is...
- SPEED - Shows all important information about speed, such as current speed, maximum speed and the comparison of average/current speed
- EVALUATION - All information about the tour is stored and can be viewed in the Data Center with the help of the Docking Station
- FITNESS TRAINER - Measurement of calories consumed by biodata and distance travelled
- TECHNOLOGY - Pre-defined tyre sizes, automatic start/stop (2 hrs in Stand-by-Mode), tool-free mounting, waterproof to IPX8