Best Cycling Computers
Best Cycling Computers Review
Choosing the best cycling computers is subjective, what actually determines the best one? For some, it’s about build quality, features and functionality whereas others focus on price and the best translates into cheapest. Our top 10 review therefore includes a combination of both, top brands like Garmin & Wahoo plus the absolute cheapest bike computer we could find, so there’s something for everyone, we hope.
We recently did an in-depth review of the Garmin Edge GPS computers, including comparing models, specifications and prices, so head over there if that’s of interest. Garmin are probably thought by many to be the best computers but they are more expensive than some of the entry-level models below.
Cycling computers are a great source of features and functionality, and whilst you can spend quite a bit of money on these shiny GPS devices, you’ll probably want to start with thinking about what you’re going to use it for.
In the first instance, they’ll let you record basic ride information, such as distance, time & speed. If you have a cadence sensor fitted to your bike, it’ll allow you to record that too. As you progress up the price range, recording the actual route ridden and downloading maps and routes also becomes possible.
Connectivity is important for some cyclists, with all ride data being synchronised with the cycling app of choice; Strava, Garmin Connect, RideWithGPS etc, either via WiFi or Bluetooth.
Additional options may include display screen backlight intensity, useful in low light or bright sunny days, but just watch how this affects battery life. Quick tip for Garmin users, reduce the display screen down to 50% to give yourself significantly longer battery usage. Display screens can be full colour or black & white, which may be perfectly adequate if you are just looking to record riding data. Colour screens only really come into their own if you are downloading routes and maps, with A-roads and B-roads being distinguished from each other.
Given the UK weather, waterproof devices are essential, and whilst most offer this, just check before buying. Likewise, it’s worth checking how the computer fits onto your bike, some are less robust than others and some require you to purchase a specific mount. If you are looking down at a computer that’s not adequately secured to your handlebars, you’ll find yourself stopping frequently to move it back into the correct position.
Top 10 Cycling Computers
- 【WIRELESS BIKE COMPUTER BUILT-IN HIGH-SENSITIVITY GPS CHIP】 It support 3 kinds of positioning systems. Positioning Fast-Global availability and Automatic Pause Mode: when you stop according to the...
- 【SUPPORTING DATA TRANSMISSION to STRAVA】Upload data to the XOSS APP via Bluetooth and synchronize with Strava at the same time. Back light, keystroke sound, auto pause, unit (metric or imperial),...
- 【3 PAGES, 9 KINDS of DATA】It helps you exercise scientifically: Current speed, Current cycling time, Current cycling distance; Average speed, Altitude, Slope; Maximum speed, Current clock, Total...
- 【AUTOMATIC BACKLIGHT MODE, ANGLE ADAPTIVE SCREEN】 Three backlight modes: automatic backlight, normal backlight, and closed backlight； Anti-glare LCD screen, still visible under strong light in...
- Edge Explore GPS enabled computer
- 🚴More powerful GPS -The bike computer has a built-in 3 satellites positional system( GPS, BEIDOU,GLONASS). Capture satellites signal quicker, easier and more accurate.
- 🔵ANT+ & Bluetooth 5.0 -Through ant+/bluetooth connection, it's compatible with various sensors, like cadence sensors/ speed sensors/ heart rate monitors, etc.
- 🔴Data sharing- with XOSS / CoospoRide app to get data synchronized to strava.com for analysis, you can also sync .Fit file to Strava via CoospoRide app or USB transmission.
- 🔵Durable battery- The cycling computer equipped with a rechargeable 1200mAh lithium battery, which supports 36 hours cycling with a single charge.
- Simplified, compact, easy-to-use GPS bike computer with rugged design and 1.8” display that’s crisp and easy to read in sunlight or low-light conditions
- With GPS, GLONASS and Galileo satellites and an altimeter, you’ll know how far, fast, hard and high you’ve ridden on the longest climbs or on your way through the city
- Navigation features include turn prompts and a breadcrumb map that shows where you’ve ridden, where to ride next and even shows how to get back to start
- Download on and off-road courses featuring popularity routing from the Course Creator feature in Garmin Connect online community
- Entry Level, 7 Function Computer
- Easy to read larger screen
- Set up is made simple with pre-programmed tyre sizes
- Functions include: Current, Maximum and Average Speed.
- Edge 530 GPS enabled computer - unit only
- Auto Recording: You can set up auto-record triggers based on a number of parameters: speed, cadence, power, heart rate, ascent, descent, start, end, or SmartSign, with the options of 3/6/9/15/30...
- Free Map: X5 Evo is fully integrated with free global OSM maps. With Wifi Direct support, downloading fully detailed color OSM maps is super simple and fast via X5 Evo’s menus.
- Customizable Data Fields: You are provided with 4 preset activity profiles to choose from, including road, downhill off-road, indoor, and leisure. You can also reconfigure each of your activity...
- 30 Professional Training Plans for Free: X5 Evo gives you free access to training plans that are created by professional cycling coaches Those workouts are also goal-specific, which gives you the...
- Note: The speed unit of this version is km/h not miles/h; before using C406 for the first time, you must download the Magene Utility from Google Play or Apple Store!
- The Best 2.5-inch Screen: Adopts a 2.5-inch automatic backlight high-definition large screen design, which can present more data items and make the data more visible. Black, Blue, Red, Orange....
- Four Satellite Positioning Systems: Support GPS, Beidou, Galileo, and Glonass global navigation systems. Fast positioning within 30 seconds, allowing you to take every step with confidence. Calculate...
- Comprehensive Data and Setting Functions: 9 types of 37 optional professional data. Provide power estimation, support power meter and lap counting functions, and support bilateral power meter data...
- track and capture real-time cycling cadence on your bike computer or smartphone with compatible training apps.
- lightweight and easy to install – no magnets. attaches to your bike’s crank arm or shoe (mounts included).
- integrated with bluetooth and ant+, rpm sensors connect to smartphones, tablets, and bike computers by wahoo, polar, garmin, and more.
- record workout data with the wahoo fitness app and automatically upload data to your favorite training platform like strava.
- LARGE & CLEAR 4 LINES DISPLAY – RISEPRO® Bike Computer offers you a large & clear 4 lines display. Easily and clearly view your cycling data at a glance!
- TWO BIKES SETTINGS & DATA COMPARISON – This newest model allows you to pre-program all settings for two bikes (Bike A and Bike B). No more re-setting between 2 bikes! Great for comparing recorded...
- MULTI UNIQUE & USEFUL FUNCTIONS – Typical functions highlight: Odometer, Maximum Speed, Average Speed, Driving Time, Calorie Consumption, Speedometer and etc.
- RECEPTION RANGE & COMPATIBILITY – 60cm range between Bike Computer & Transmitter ; 1cm range between Transmitter & Magnet. Compatible with bikes, electric bikes and motorcycle with 4 – 40 inches...