Best Cycling Computers
Best Cycling Computers Review
Choosing the best cycling computers is subjective, what actually determines the best one? For some, it’s about build quality, features and functionality whereas others focus on price and the best translates into cheapest. Our top 10 review therefore includes a combination of both, top brands like Garmin & Wahoo plus the absolute cheapest bike computer we could find, so there’s something for everyone, we hope.
We recently did an in-depth review of the Garmin Edge GPS computers, including comparing models, specifications and prices, so head over there if that’s of interest. Garmin are probably thought by many to be the best computers but they are more expensive than some of the entry-level models below.
Cycling computers are a great source of features and functionality, and whilst you can spend quite a bit of money on these shiny GPS devices, you’ll probably want to start with thinking about what you’re going to use it for.
In the first instance, they’ll let you record basic ride information, such as distance, time & speed. If you have a cadence sensor fitted to your bike, it’ll allow you to record that too. As you progress up the price range, recording the actual route ridden and downloading maps and routes also becomes possible.
Connectivity is important for some cyclists, with all ride data being synchronised with the cycling app of choice; Strava, Garmin Connect, RideWithGPS etc, either via WiFi or Bluetooth.
Additional options may include display screen backlight intensity, useful in low light or bright sunny days, but just watch how this affects battery life. Quick tip for Garmin users, reduce the display screen down to 50% to give yourself significantly longer battery usage. Display screens can be full colour or black & white, which may be perfectly adequate if you are just looking to record riding data. Colour screens only really come into their own if you are downloading routes and maps, with A-roads and B-roads being distinguished from each other.
Given the UK weather, waterproof devices are essential, and whilst most offer this, just check before buying. Likewise, it’s worth checking how the computer fits onto your bike, some are less robust than others and some require you to purchase a specific mount. If you are looking down at a computer that’s not adequately secured to your handlebars, you’ll find yourself stopping frequently to move it back into the correct position.
Top 10 Cycling Computers
- Easy-to-use GPS bike computer with high-resolution, 3” glove- and rain-friendly touchscreen that’s visible even in direct sunlight
- Includes preloaded Garmin Cycle Map with turn-by-turn navigation and Trend line popularity routing to find the on- and off-road routes most-travelled by cyclists
- Built-in GPS tracks how far, how fast, how high and where you ride, Battery life: up to 12 hours
- Compatible with Garmin Varia cycling awareness devices, including smart bike lights and rear-view radar, to detect cars and alert drivers
- 【WIRELESS BIKE COMPUTER BUILT-IN HIGH-SENSITIVITY GPS CHIP】 It support 4 kinds of positioning systems. Positioning Fast-Global availability and Automatic Pause Mode: when you stop according to the...
- 【SUPPORTING DATA TRANSMISSION to STRAVA】Upload data to the XOSS APP via Bluetooth and synchronize with Strava at the same time. Back light, keystroke sound, auto pause, unit (metric or imperial),...
- 【3 PAGES, 9 KINDS of DATA】It helps you exercise scientifically: Current speed, Current cycling time, Current cycling distance; Average speed, Altitude, Slope; Maximum speed, Current clock, Total...
- 【AUTOMATIC BACKLIGHT MODE, ANGLE ADAPTIVE SCREEN】 Three backlight modes: automatic backlight, normal backlight, and closed backlight； Anti-glare LCD screen, still visible under strong light in...
- Download, pair, configure and ride! Wahoo's free ELEMNT Companion App automates pairing and manages the configuration process for fast, frustration free setup.
- Automatic route downloads and uploads with compatible third party apps: Strava, RideWithGPS, Best Bike Split, Komoot, Singletracks, MTB Project+
- Package includes: Wahoo Element BOLT, out-front mount, stem mount
- Build a route and get pop-up and LED notifications on screen so you never miss a turn
- Simplified, compact, easy-to-use GPS bike computer with rugged design and 1.8” display that’s crisp and easy to read in sunlight or low-light conditions
- With GPS, GLONASS and Galileo satellites and an altimeter, you’ll know how far, fast, hard and high you’ve ridden on the longest climbs or on your way through the city
- Navigation features include turn prompts and a breadcrumb map that shows where you’ve ridden, where to ride next and even shows how to get back to start
- Download on and off-road courses featuring popularity routing from the Course Creator feature in Garmin Connect online community
- Tracks time, distance, speed, ascent/descent and calories burned
- GroupTrack allows you to see where your fellow riders are and keep in touch, Display resolution: 200 x 265 pixels
- Performance features include VO2, recovery advisor, strava live segments, performance condition, stress score, enhanced cycling dynamics, FTP and Watts/kg tracking when used with Garmin heart rate...
- Activity profiles store preferences for different cycling activities
- 【Available For Peripheral Device】 XOSS G+ smart cycling computer supports working with heart rate monitor & cadence sensor device, which presents more professional riding data.(Heart Rate Monitor...
- 【High-Tech Cycling Computer】 XOSS G+ wireless bike computer is bulit-in high-sensitivity GPS chip, which allows the bike computer positioning system is connected to 3 satellite connectivity: GPS,...
- 【Professional Data Analysis】 XOSS G+ bicycle computer contains speedometer and odometer functions, it helps you ride scientifically and effectively. Current speed, Current cycling time, Current...
- 【Data Transmission to STRAVA】 Professional XOSS Cycling Computer Riding APP supports uploading your riding data via Bluetooth and synchronize with Strava the same time which make sharing your...
- Reliable and Safety: It’s a bike computer designed with 2.8” FSTN wide-display LCD screen display. The cycling computer wireless makes the data viewable in different angles, provides safe and...
- Accurate Data Results: Developed from high-end smart chip technology to establish a powerful and stable type of bike computer quality, the cycle computer can maintain accurate data transmission after...
- Ergonomic Designed: Created meticulously to suit your demands and needs in terms of bike computer quality. LCD displays support green backlight, Digital output display, responsive touch panel...
- Compact and complete features: New innovation of larger screen display in bike odometer version technology, which gives comfort and matched the style preferences of each cycling riders.
- 【16 FUNCTIONS】The LCD liquid crystal display makes you clear at a glance.it records all the data you need, such as speed, distance and riding time. Full functions will meet your different riding...
- 【LOW POWER CONSUMPTION BATTERY】More than 400+ hours of working time, 1 removable 2032 button battery.Powerful intelligent movement and strong magnet, more stable performance, strong...
- 【CLEAR DATA & BACKLIGHT DESIGN】The LCD display has no reflective blind spots, the backlit LCD design makes it easy to read data even at night.
- 【IP54 WATERPROOF DESIGN MAKES IT MORE DURABLE】The outline of the bike computer is simple and cool, what more with the waterproof design, it will always be fashionable and new.
- HIGH-SENSITIVITY GPS - Built-in 3 satellites positional systems, include GPS, BEIDOU,GLONASS. Acquire satellites quickly for accurate positioning.
- LARGE LCD & DURABLE BATTERY - 2.4" large LCD display with auto-backlight, rechargeable lithium battery 1200mAh, GPS stays on for 36 hours of continuous cycling. Waterproof IP 67
- SUPPORTS ANT+ & BLUETOOTH 5.0 - It supports for get real-time data of external sensors,like cadence sensors/ speed sensors/ heart rate monitors etc through ANT+. You can also pair this bike computer...
- DATA STORE AND UPLOAD - Cycling datas can be stored and supporting for upload the fit files to the website like strava.com for data analysis.
- track and capture real-time cycling cadence on your bike computer or smartphone with compatible training apps.
- lightweight and easy to install – no magnets. attaches to your bike’s crank arm or shoe (mounts included).
- integrated with bluetooth and ant+, rpm sensors connect to smartphones, tablets, and bike computers by wahoo, polar, garmin, and more.
- record workout data with the wahoo fitness app and automatically upload data to your favorite training platform like strava.