Whirlwind C4 Folding Electric Bike Review
Whirlwind C4 Folding Electric Bike Overview
Electric bikes have seen tremendous growth in recent years and as more people step into the wonderful world of cycling, the better these bikes seem to get. We’ve reviewed a number of folding bikes recently, including the excellent Perry eHopper and the more affordable Ancheer Folding Bike but this Whirlwind C4 is the cheapest folding bike of those we’ve reviewed so far.
Using an electric bike isn’t the same as a motor bike, yes there is an electric power supply but an electric bike offers assistance rather than the sole source of forward drive. Our Guide to Electric Bikes offers further insight and we also have a useful guide to how electric bikes can help with fitness as they are a fantastic way to help cyclists recover from an injury or to assist when an extra boost is needed.
Electric Bikes are comparable to other bicycles, fun to ride, economical to run and environmentally friendly.
- Electric bike – The C4 electric bike makes travel easier, whether that be commuting to and from work or simple for leisure, while also helping the environment
- Pedal assist – Automatically assists the user when pedalling, the level of assistance depends on the gear chosen (3 gear options), with a max speed of 15.5 mph
- LED display – The LED screen shows your speed, distance travelled, gear level and battery capacity
- Compact – Simple and easy to fold so you can easily transport the bike and the lightweight frame makes it easy to carry (Folded size: 71 x 40 x 63cm)
- Pedal Assist: The Whirlwind C4 has 3 assist options to help with pedalling, and a max speed of 15.5 mph (restricted by UK law)
- LED Display: The bright LED screen displays speed, distance, assistance mode selected and battery capacity
- Compact Design: The Whirlwind C4 folds away into a small, compact size
- Lightweight: The bike is made from lightweight materials, making it easy to carry
The Whirlwind C4 electric bike has many qualities and is the cheapest folding electric bike we’ve reviewed so far.
Assembled in the UK, the Whirlwind C4 is made from lightweight materials, enabling it to be easily carried, and thus making it ideal for city centre commuting. At just 16 kg, it’s slightly heavier than the Perry eHopper (14 kg) but as this is the lightest folding eBike that’s pretty impressive. The C4 can easily be ridden to/from train stations before being folded-away and carried on the London Underground, escalators or buses, without getting in the way of other commuters. This is a compact bike when folded and measures just 71 x 40 x 63 cm, making storing it at home, in the office or on public transport very easy.
The C4 has 3 pedal assist modes, helping to ease the cycling on longer journeys, uphill or just when an extra boost is needed most. The max speed is limited to 15.5 mph (25 kph) which is due to UK restrictions on electric bikes.
The Whirlwind C4 comes supplied with a 5.2 Ah lithium-ion battery and whilst this restricts the range to 35 miles, slightly less than other bikes, it’s plenty for daily commuters and leisure cyclists. For most cyclists using the C4, this is more than 4 hours cycling on a single charge. The battery is quickly recharged in just a few hours so if you really wanted, you could cycle 35 miles to work, recharge the battery through the day and then cycle 35 miles home, if your heart so desired.
The LED display screen on the C4 shows bike speed, distance travelled, assistance mode selected and battery capacity. It also comes fitted with a bright front bike light, front and rear mudguards (fenders if you prefer) and front and rear disc brakes. This really is a well-equipped bike and at this price there’s not much that can beat it on overall value for money.
Category: Electric Bike, Folding Bike
Maximum Speed: 15.5 mph (25 kph)
Motor: 250W electric motor
Driving Modes: 3 pedal assist modes
Battery: 36V 5.2Ah lithium-ion battery
Battery Charging: 3-4 hours
Distance: 35 mile range
Brakes: Front and rear disc brakes
Wheels / Rims:
Frame: Lightweight alloy
Front Fork: Standard rigid fork
Dimensions: Full size: 124 x 54 x 103 cm | Folded size: 71 x 40 x 63 cm
Bike Weight: 16 kg
Maximum Load Weight: 110 kg
Warranty: See Amazon
The Whirlwind C4 scores 4.7 out of 5 stars on Amazon and has some excellent reviews, which we’d encourage you to read. Some quotes from these verified purchasers are as follows;
5 stars: “It’s exceeded my expectations” – Nicole Thornber
5 stars: “Great quality and fun to ride” – J.B.
5 stars: “My freedom from lockdown – brilliant product from an excellent distributor” – M. Sprague
5 stars: “I love cycling but struggle up hills. No more!” – Craig McAuliffe
The information provided on this website (the “Site”) is for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site. Under no circumstance shall we have any liability to you for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the Site or reliance on any information provided on the Site. Your use of the Site and your reliance on any information on the Site is solely at your own risk. The information was believed to be correct at the time of publishing and was provided in good faith.
EXTERNAL LINKS DISCLAIMER FOR WEBSITE
The Site may contain links to other websites or content belonging to or originating from third parties or links to websites and features in banners or other advertising. Such external links are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness by us. We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any information offered by third-party websites linked through the site or any website or feature linked in any banner or other advertising. We will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services.
AFFILIATES DISCLAIMER FOR WEBSITE
The Site may contain links to affiliate websites, and we receive a small affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links. Our affiliates include Amazon and other leading retailers. We are a participant in the Amazon Services Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon.co.uk and affiliated websites. Any monies received goes towards the upkeep of this website, web hosting costs and other expenses.
TESTIMONIALS DISCLAIMER FOR WEBSITE
The Site may contain testimonials by users of products and/or services. These testimonials reflect the real-life experiences and opinions of such users. However, the experiences are personal to those particular users, and may not necessarily be representative of all users of our products and/or services. We do not claim, and you should not assume, that all users will have the same experiences. Your individual results may vary. The testimonials on the Site are submitted in various forms such as text, audio and/or video, and are reviewed by us before being posted. They appear on the Site verbatim as given by the users, except for the correction of grammar or typing errors. Some testimonials may have been shortened for the sake of brevity where the full testimonial contained extraneous information not relevant to the general public.
The views and opinions contained in the testimonials belong solely to the individual user and do not reflect our views and opinions. [We are not affiliated with users who provide testimonials, and users are not paid or otherwise compensated for their testimonials.] The testimonials on the Site are not intended, nor should they be construed, as claims that our products and/or services can be used to diagnose, treat, mitigate, cure, prevent or otherwise be used for any disease or medical condition. No testimonials have been clinically proven or evaluated.
Best Whirlwind C4 Folding Electric Bike Alternatives
- Powerful Electric Bike: Li-ion 36V/6AH battery supports 10~15km (Pure Electric Mode) to 15~30km (Pedal Assisted Mode); Speed of 20km/h; The brushles electric motor; Max load carrier of 120kg.
- Smart Riding Mode: You can choose pure electric or electric assisted relaxation mode, or select pedal riding mode, and choose different modes according to road conditions to meet your travel needs.
- Advanced Safety: Front and rear double disc brakes; Adjustable 15~20km/h speed; Headlights to assist driving at night; LED screen showing driving speed and battery capacity.
- Portable and Foldable: Easy to store and travel. Comply with UK and EU road regulations. Suitable for teenagers and adults, ideal for the city commuter and countryside.
- 15 MPH & 15MILE RANGE: This electric bike with high speed motor can achieve top speed of 20-25km/h, powered by 36V 6Ah battery, with a range of 20km means your e-bike commute just easier
- CRUISECONTROL : Twist the throttle for 8 seconds to enter the cruise control to get the certain speed.
- DISC BRAKE SYSTEM: Equipped with rear disc brake, provide powerful, progressive braking in any conditions.
- FASHION DESIGN& GOOD QUALITY: This ebike inspired by the shape of dolphins, has super cute and smart design. IPX5 Waterproof range protects your trip on rainy days. It also adopts innovative aluminum...
- Foldable Electric Bicycle: The Electric Bicycle Adopts A 100% Lightweight Aluminum Alloy Folding Frame, Which Is Convenient To Fold And Store.
- Working Mode: E-bike & Assisted Bicycle & Normal Bike. Equipped With Led 3-speed Meter, You Can Adjust The Level Of Assistance As You Need.
- High-quality Lithium Battery: Equipped With 288WH Lithium-ion Battery And 250w Stable Motor, Each Charge Can Reach15-30 Miles.
- Reliable Electric Bicycle: Front And Rear Disc Brakes Fully Protect Your Safety. The Front Fork Is Made Of High-strength Carbon Steel And Is Equipped With High-quality, Comfortable And...
- ► Powerful Motor, Super Long Range - 250W 36V Motor - The highest speed can reach up to 25km/h and max 25 degree gradient. Removable Lithium Battery - The removable 7.5Ah/36V lithium battery for...
- ► Premium Quality & Easy Folding Design - ( folding size: 77 x 43 x 70cm ) - Normal size:147 x110cm. Aluminum-magnesium alloy body, low density, high strength, light and easy to carry. (Bike net...
- ► 2 Working Modes and Heights Adjustable - You can choose pure electricity mode and moped mode. Three-speed speed regulation and smart meter display. Adjustable heights of saddle and handlebar for...
- ► Safe Driving Protection-Front and rear dual disc brakes plus electronic brakes, pinch the brakes, and the motor will be powered off first. In addition, customized front and rear disc brakes...