Specialized Myka Sport Disc 2012 Overview
2012 continues where 2011 left off for the Specialized Myka, with excellence. The Myka range of Women’s mountain bikes is excellent. Specialized have once again produced a good quality, reliable MTB that soves trails. Aside from its lightweight effectiveness, this bike is designed with women-specific components and anatomical engineering.
Key components of the Myka Sport Disc include an SR Suntour fork with 80mm of travel, Specialized Fast Trak LK Sport 60 TPI tires, and Avid BB5 disc brakes. The height of the tyres is reduced in order to lessen rolling resistance.
Moderately stiff and strong, its lightweight double wall rim is set as aluminum alloy. The 2012 Specialized Myka Sport Disc Mountain Bike for Women is one of the best performing recreational female mountain bikes on the market at this price.
Specialized Myka Sport Disc 2012 Features
- Fully butted A1 Premium Aluminium frame with women’s recreational XC geometry and low standover for a confident and lightweight ride, plus disc mounts for upgrading
- 80mm smooth-travel SR Suntour fork with preload adjustment, lockout, and custom women’s spring rates delivers size-appropriate tunability for varying terrain
- Alex HR disc-specific alloy, 32h rims are lightweight and durable
- Specialized Fast Trak LK Sport 60 TPI tyres use a reduced knob height for lower rolling resistance, but have plenty of grip for confidence on the trail
- SR Suntour 9-speed crankset uses Shimano’s Octalink-splined BB interface for reliable power transfer; chainguard included
- Tektro Draco dual-piston hydraulic disc brakes assure precise braking and durability
- Shimano Acera 9-speed rear derailleur and Acera Rapidfire trigger shifters are a confidence-inspiring combination
- Body Geometry Women’s Riva 155mm saddle combines generous padding and durable scuff guards for all-day performance and comfort