The 2012 Cannondale Slice Ultegra is very similiar to the 2011 model, which may not be a bad thing. The current model is so good, why change a winning formula?
Ride & Handling
Triathlon bikes are for those who like their cycling. So buying a bike that delivers the very best performance is essential. This Slice handles particular well, in fact, it’s one of the best bikes in this category. However, it isn’t a road bike, so expecting it to ride the same will disappoint. It doesn’t naturally weave in and out of potholes but it will give you solid handling and speed through sweeping corners and long descents.
You will feel the stiffness in the control of the Slice Ultegra which will give you reassurance in your control of this bike. In part, this is delivered by the BB30 bottom bracket and the chunky chainstay.
On of the reasons for choosing this 2012 bike over other triathlon bikes is it’s weight, or lack of it to be specific. This is a light bike, and as such you’ll whizz up hills with ease, saving energy for when you need it.
Where the Cannondale Slice really shows it’s worth, is in longer competitions, which is why top cyclists like Chrissie Wellington have been producing some superb results using a Cannondale.
The Slice is a comfortable ride, which may be a surprise given it’s stiffness but this is produced due to the combination of vibration-reducing SAVE stays and slim top tube plus saddle and springy armrests.
Cannondale Slice Ultegra Specifications
- Frame: Slice Carbon
- Fork: Cannondale Slice Aero
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra
- Number of Gears: 20
- Shifters: Shimano Ultegra
- Chainset: Vision Trimax Carbon TT BB30
- Chainrings: 39/53
- Bottom Bracket: FSA BB30
- Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 12-25
- Chain: Shimano Ultegra
- Front Brake: Shimano Ultegra
- Rear Brake: Shimano Ultegra
- Brake Levers: FSA Vision Aero
- Handlebars: FSA Vision OS Alloy Base Bar w/Vision Vector Carbon
- Stem: Cannondale C2
- Headset: Slice SL 1.1/8
- Rims: Mavic Cosmic Elite
- Front Hub: Mavic Cosmic Elite
- Rear Hub: Mavic Cosmic Elite
- Front Tyre: Schwalbe Durano S 700x23c
- Rear Tyre: Schwalbe Durano S 700x23c
- Saddle: Fi’zi:k Arione TRI2, MG Rails
- Seatpost: Cannondale Slice Carbon Aero